Is English Your Second Language?
These employment resources are of special help for anyone whose first language is not English.
How to Teach Your ESL Students Job Application Skills
- Guidance for ESL teachers teaching job hunting skills to high school students, college students, and adults.
DailyESL Listen and Read: Job Hunting
- A read along audio lesson on job hunting for ESL learners. Includes links to vocabulary and conversation listening.
DailyESL Listen and Read: Job Interview Tips
- A read along audio lesson on job interviewing for ESL learners. Includes links to vocabulary and conversation listening.
BBC Learning English: Get That Job!
A multi-part ESL job hunting lesson presented by the BBC World Service. Most of it seems to work for the US, but a general resume is called a CV, and the cover letter is called the covering letter. This is an archived lesson that is no longer being updated, but most info still seems relevant.
Job Interview Lesson for ESL Students
- Guide for ESL teachers, includes links to other job-related lessons.
EZSlang: Job Hunting
- Two-part lesson on US job-hunting slang, idioms, etc.
Career Counseling of Immigrants and Refugees
- Article targeted at counselling professionals, published 12 years ago. It’s, so far, the only article I can find on this topic and the information still seems useful.
The Refugee Center (This page is available in multiple languages)
Job Training Programs - Jobs & Caeers - Job Interviews - Job Interview Questions - Refugee Center Sitemap