Choosing Your Career
Soft Skills to Help Your Career Hit the Big Time
- Explores the professional “soft” skills for workers and employers that can’t be taught in a classroom or measured on paper.
Career Profile Assessment Tool - Ohio Means Jobs
- The Career Profile assessment tool asks how well you like various jobs and performing specific tasks, and it then presents a list of matching occupations.
Taking Charge of Your Career - Lynda.com video
- This video course helps you create a career vision for yourself and identify career goals. You will need to log in to Lynda.com with your Dayton Metro Library card and PIN.
Learning Basic Job Skills - Lynda.com video
- Lynda.com provides a wide range of business skills for developing your career, including time management, communication, and negotiation skills. Log in to Lynda.com with your Dayton Metro Library card and PIN.
- A source for career exploration, training and jobs. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Top 10 Employability Skills - Ohio Means Jobs
- Ten skills employers look for, ranging from work values to computer literacy.
Occupational Outlook Handbook - Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Resource for individuals making decisions about their futures including those new to job hunting or those looking for a career change.