What's happening with my library? - West Dayton
What's happening with my library & where will it be located?
Sites are being explored for a new library convenient to patrons from the Madden Hills and Westwood branches.
What is the timing for my library?
- Design work will begin in early 2014.
How can I be involved?
We will be hosting at least two public input sessions for each facility. Please enter your email address in the form to the right to be invited to sessions for the West Dayton Branch.
What features are being planned for my new library?
• Dedicated space for Adults, Teens and Children with comfortable lounge and table seating
• Quiet Reading Area
• Easy to browse collections of 50,000+ items
• Interactive Marketplace providing easy access to 1,000 new and popular materials and more than 5,500 CDs and DVDs
• 48 Computers and 10 short-term internet stations for public use
• Convenient, upgraded power and Wi-Fi connectivity
• Two Meeting Rooms
• 7 Group Study/Tutor Rooms
• Children's Story and Program Room
• Early Childhood Manipulative Activity Area to promote literacy and kindergarten readiness
• Partner and Evolution space for community programs, civic innovation, and future library service needs
• Food and beverage vending area