What's happening with my library? - Vandalia
What's happening with my library & where will it be located?
Sites are being explored for a new library in the vicinity of the current location in Vandalia.
What is the timing for my library?
- Design work will begin in early 2014.
How can I be involved?
We will be hosting at least two public input sessions for each facility. Please enter your email address in the form to the right to be invited to sessions for the Vandalia Branch.
What features are being planned for my new library?
• Dedicated space for Adults, Teens and Children with comfortable lounge and table seating
• Quiet Reading Area
• Interactive Marketplace providing easy access to new and popular materials
• Easy to browse collections of 56,000+ items
• Enhanced technology including: the largest number of Public Computers in a branch; short-term Internet Stations; and convenient, upgraded power and Wi-Fi connectivity
• Large Meeting Room
• Group Study andTutor Rooms
• Children's Story and Program Room
• Early Childhood Manipulative Activity Area to promote literacy and kindergarten readiness
• Partner and Evolution space for community programs, civic innovation, and future library service needs
• Food and beverage vending area