What's happening with my library? - Southeast Dayton
What's happening with my library & where will it be located?
Sites are being explored for a location convenient to patrons from the Belmont and East branches.
What is the timing for my library?
- Design work will begin in early 2015.
How can I be involved?
We will be hosting at least two public input sessions for each facility. Please enter your email address in the form to the right to be invited to sessions for the Southeast Dayton Branch.
What features are being planned for my new library?
• Dedicated space for Adults, Teens and Children with comfortable lounge and table seating
• Quiet Reading Area
• Easy to browse collections of 55,000+ items
• Interactive Marketplace providing easy access to new and popular materials
• Enhanced technology including: the largest number of Public Computers in a branch; short-term Internet Stations; and convenient, upgraded power and Wi-Fi connectivity
• Multiple rooms of varying size for Tutoring, Group Study, and Meetings
• Children's Story and Program Room
• Early Childhood Manipulative Activity Area to promote literacy and kindergarten readiness
• Partner and Evolution space for community programs, civic innovation, and future library service needs
• Food and beverage vending area