What's happening with my library? - Northwest Dayton
What's happening with my library & where will it be located?
A new building at the corner of Philadelphia Drive and Hillcrest Avenue will be constructed to serve patrons from the Dayton View, Ft. McKinley, and Northtown-Shiloh branches.
Click here to see architectural renderings of the new Northwest Branch Library.
What is the timing for my library?
Construction will begin in July 2014. The grand opening will be held in fall of 2015.
How can I be involved?
Please enter your email address into the form to the right to receive event notices and other information about the Northwest Branch.
What features are being planned for my new library?
• Enhanced technology including more computers for public use, improved connectivity, and audiovisual recording/editing suites
• A fireplace to be enjoyed from both an enclosed quiet reading area and an informal reading lounge
• A dedicated space for teens and a meadow-inspired program room for children
• Tutoring and group study rooms
• A large dividable meeting room accessible outside of regular library hours
• Two flexible spaces for available for nonprofit organizations and other community partners to provide longer-term programming and services
• Convenient parking