Families and preschool classrooms are invited to participate in the Dayton Metro Library’s Get Outside Book Club, September 1-October 31. It’s easy and fun to do:
- Visit your local Dayton Metro Library to get a Get Outside Book Club folder and look for books that have nature or outdoor-related themes
- Share a book with your preschoolers and make a plan together to do something outside related to the book.
- Have fun outside together!
- Once you're returned from your outside adventure re-read the book and talk about how your activities compare with those in the book.
- Keep track of the books and the activities you do in the Get Outside Book Club folder. Once you have read six books and completed six related activities outside, head to the library to show the children’s librarian your completed folder and get a prize and a certificate of completion.