The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a knowledgeable, flexible, and highly self-motivated full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) for our West Carrollton Branch Library, which just re-opened on October 22nd. The branch features state-of-the-art amenities, such as dedicated and unique areas for teens and children, a quiet reading room, a community room, and plenty of small group study rooms. The successful candidate will enjoy teaching technology-related classes to the public, either one-on-one or in a classroom setting. The Dayton Metro Library provides proactive customer service to our patrons in a fast-paced environment, and we are looking for someone to continue this tradition of excellence. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Services. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children’s or adult services.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.
- May create displays to promote library use.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
- Ability to effectively provide one-on-one instruction and present public training sessions.
- Ability to determine patron information needs. Ability to construct a competent and complete search strategy using both print and non-print information resources.
- Knowledge of adult, teen, and children’s materials and reader’s interests. Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs. Knowledge of circulation policies procedures.
- Ability to use Internet and other electronic reference resources. Ability to use e-mail, spreadsheet, and word processing software. Ability to learn integrated library system functions used in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to operate in a network environment. General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $17.03 with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2018.