The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a knowledgeable, flexible, and highly self-motivated full-time Information Services Assistant for our West Carrollton Branch Library, which is currently being renovated. Scheduled to be open in early fall 2018, the branch will feature state-of-the-art amenities, such as dedicated and unique areas for teens and children, a quiet reading room, a community room, and plenty of small group study rooms. The successful candidate may be asked to help out with a number of activities, such as youth and adult programming, outreach in the community, and tech help for patrons and staff. The Dayton Metro Library provides proactive customer service to our patrons in a fast-paced environment, and we are looking for someone to continue this tradition of excellence. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children’s or adult services.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary deselection.
- May create displays to promote library use.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
- Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
- Previous library experience is a plus!
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting hourly wage is $17.03 with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19, 2018.