The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) for our Burkhardt Branch Library. The Burkhardt Branch is slated to be replaced by a brand new facility in about three years. The ideal candidate will be comfortable learning new technologies and teaching both basic and more advanced technology skills to patrons and staff, either in a classroom or in a one-on-one setting. Above all, we are looking for an individual who naturally provides proactive customer service and appreciates a diverse community and all it has to offer. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Services. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children’s or adult services.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.
- May create displays to promote library use.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $17.03 with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to email@example.com by May 22, 2018.