The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) for our Belmont Branch Library. This neighborhood branch will join the East Branch Library in becoming the brand new Southeast Branch Library early next year. The Southeast Branch will have separate, dedicated areas for children and teens, a quiet reading room, a community room and plenty of small group study rooms. It will also have a Technology Lab, which will be used to teach computer and other tech classes to our patrons. The ideal candidate will be comfortable learning new technologies and teaching both basic and more advanced technology skills to patrons and staff, either in a classroom or in a one-on-one setting. If you are tech-savvy and enjoy helping people, we want to hear from you!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Services. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children’s or adult services.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.
- May create displays to promote library use.
- Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.
- Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $17.03 with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2018.