The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) Patron Services Assistant for our Belmont Branch Library. The successful candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and be comfortable using computers to assist our patrons. If you enjoy helping people, contact us today!
Essential Job Duties
- Provides courteous, welcoming and prompt circulation services to all patrons. Charges, discharges and reserves library materials. Enters circulation data into computer. Assists patrons at self-check stations.
- Computes and collects fines, registers and issues library cards, registers voters and Golden Buckeye participants. Answers phone and responds to patron inquiries.
- Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
- Processes book drop returns, operates Material Handling system, sorts delivery and mail, routes materials, searches for holds and missing items, and processes unclaimed requests.
- Completes financial report, counts out cash drawer and coin bill acceptor, and makes a bank deposit as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as mending materials, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and filling displays as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of circulation policies and procedures preferred.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
- Previous library experience is a plus!
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $14.74. This is a benefits eligible position.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23, 2018.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.