The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) for our Electra Doren Branch. This neighborhood branch sits in the heart of Old North Dayton and serves a very diverse, vibrant community. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to learning technologies and teaching both new and basic technology skills to patrons and staff, either in a classroom or in a one-on-one setting. This person is also responsible for developing and delivering age-appropriate programs to teens in grades 7-12. If you are tech-savvy, like working with teens, and enjoy helping people, we want to hear from you!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Office. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Develop and deliver age-appropriate programming for teens in grades 7-12.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops, and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $17.03 with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to email@example.com by November 28, 2017.