The Dayton Metro Library is seeking an enthusiastic, customer-service minded individual who is dedicated to learning technologies and teaching both new and basic technology skills to patrons and staff, either in a classroom or in a one-on-one setting. The Northwest Branch (our busiest urban branch) offers in-library laptop lending and an audio recording studio that patrons use regularly. We are looking for a patient, hardworking person who is excited about providing exceptional customer service to our patrons. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
- Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
- Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology Office. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
- Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops, and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
- Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
- Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
- Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required. Experience with 3D printers is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $17.03. with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26, 2017.