Electra Doren Branch Library
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Patron Services Assistant for our Electra Doren Branch. This neighborhood branch sits in the heart of Old North Dayton and serves a very diverse, vibrant community. The ideal candidate will be interested in helping library visitors use our services (in-library laptop lending, e-book lending, etc.). If you are dependable, hard-working, and enjoy helping people, we want to hear from you!
Essential Job Duties
- Provides courteous, welcoming and prompt circulation services to all patrons. Charges, discharges and reserves library materials. Enters circulation data into computer. Assists patrons at self-check stations.
- Computes and collects fines, registers and issues library cards, registers voters and Golden Buckeye participants. Answers phone and responds to patron inquiries.
- Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
- Processes book drop returns, sorts delivery and mail, routes materials, searches for holds and missing items, and processes unclaimed requests.
- Completes financial report, counts out cash drawer and coin bill acceptor, and makes a bank deposit as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as mending materials, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and filling displays as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of circulation policies and procedures preferred.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
- Previous library experience is a plus!
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $14.74. with an excellent benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by September 26, 2017.