The Dayton Metro Library is seeking an experienced, team-oriented Branch Library Manager for our busy Vandalia Branch, which serves Vandalia, Ohio and its surrounding diverse communities. These communities are enjoying our new and improved Vandalia Branch, which is just a little over one year old! This branch is situated next to the local high school and serves as a hub of activity each day after school with our small group study rooms, programming for teens, and a gaming system in the teen area. Be a part of a passionate, patron-centric team of librarians and support staff serving a community that loves its library! Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains frequent personal presence in public areas to ensure outstanding service.
- Establishes and implements goals and objectives for branch service which support the Library’s mission.
- Directs all branch services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, circulation, and programming.
- Hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules employees in assigned branch. Oversees branch volunteers. Serves as liaison between administration and branch staff. Communicates with administrative team on policy, patron, and staffing issues.
- Manages branch collections, oversees evaluation and processing of donated materials, and manages branch book sale. Ensures the collection is responsive to community’s information, recreational, and educational needs.
- Promotes community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Prepares budget requests and monitors branch facility and security needs.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee branch operations and personnel.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, theories, concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and appreciation of literature, periodicals, web sites, social media, and other electronic media which constitute a diverse, current and relevant collection.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with community officials, leaders, organizations, the public and the staff. Ability to present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community individually and in a group setting. Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
- MLIS from an ALA accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting salary is $63,985 annually with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by April 24, 2018.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.