The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a part-time (32 hours per week) Patron Services Assistant for our Northmont Branch. We are looking for an energetic, hardworking, team-oriented person who is enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service to our patrons. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Provides courteous, welcoming and prompt circulation services to all patrons. Charges, discharges and reserves library materials. Enters circulation data into computer. Assists patrons at self-check stations.
- Computes and collects fines, registers and issues library cards, registers voters and Golden Buckeye participants. Answers phone and responds to patron inquiries.
- Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
- Processes book drop returns, operates Material Handling system, sorts delivery and mail, routes materials, searches for holds and missing items, and processes unclaimed requests.
- Completes financial report, counts out cash drawer and coin bill acceptor, and makes a bank deposit as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as mending materials, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and filling displays as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of circulation policies and procedures preferred.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
- Previous library experience is a plus!
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $14.45 with a full benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by March 28, 2017.